Research and Publishing Interests
My main areas of interest are:
• Women and media
• Contemporary cinema, particularly European cinemas and nonfiction
• Identity in cinema
• Politics and media
• Screen media interactivity
In my position as Lecturer in Film and Screen Media at University College Cork, I lecture on both theoretical and practical courses on the discipline’s BA and MA. I have also previously coordinated evening courses, and lectured on the MA in Women’s Studies at UCC. As well as this, I have lectured on a number of film courses at the Irish Film Institute, Dublin.
• Women and the Contemporary Screen (BA, final year)
• Screen Industries (BA, final year)
• Special Studies in Screen Media (BA, second year)
• Introduction to Screen Media and Culture (BA, first year)
• Research Methodologies (MA)
• Film and Screen Cultures and Industries (MA)
Editorial and Advisory Positions
• Cofounder and Member of the Editorial Board of Alphaville: Journal of Film and Screen Media. ISSN: 2009-4078.
• Founding Member of BAFTSS (British Association of Film, Television and Screen Studies) Amateur Cinema Special Interest Group
• English-language proofreader for Cinéma & Cie: International Film Studies Journal. ISSN: 2036-461X.
• NECS (European Network for Cinema and Media Studies)
• MeCCSA (Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association)
• Cork Film Centre
• College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences (UCC) Strategic Research Fund, 2012
• PhD Studentship (UCC)